Gameforge takes the security of your game accounts very seriously. For this, we have gather some important tips together to inform and help you guard against the possibility of you becoming a victim of account theft or other fraud methods. Should this happen, you can also read what you can do about it here.
Help! What do I do in the event of theft or fraud?
The following tips will help you if you become a victim of account theft:
Should you notice that you no longer are able to log into your account, or notice activity on your account even though you were not online, follow these steps:
1. Immediately change your password on https://en.metin2.gameforge.com:443/.
2. If you no longer have access to your account, contact Metin2 Support immediately.
They can be contacted at http://support.en.metin2.gameforge.com/.
3. Give the support team all necessary information as soon as they ask for it.
4. Working on cases like this can take a little time. Please be patient and wait for the Support team's instructions.
5. Try to find out how it was possible for you to lose your account. We have gathered a few methods to this end at https://en.metin2.gameforge.com:443/main/account. Please carry out thecounter measures, so that a further theft of your account is no longer possible.
If you have fallen prey to a fraud attack, please follow the following steps:
1. Create a screenshot of the trade and the related agreement.
2. Contact Support at http://support.en.metin2.gameforge.com/ and describe the case.
3. The team members responsible will review the case and then get in touch with you.
How do I take a screenshot?
1. Press the Print Screen button (or Print Scrn / Prt Scr) on your keyboard whilst you are in the game.
2. Your screenshot will be saved in the installation directory for Metin2 in the 'Screenshots' folder.
3. If necessary, you can then upload the screenshot onto an external and free image hosting site. For this, you can use Pic-Upload (http://www.pic-upload.de) or a different image host of your choosing.
4. If you have uploaded the screenshot, copy the link and send it to us.
5. You can also upload the screenshot directly in the Support system, provided it is no larger than 512 KB.
Select your password so that it contains nothing specific to you.
Bad passwords contain birth dates, names, places, hobbies etc. - avoid them!
If you discover a fraudulent site or meet someone who asks for your account details report them immediately to http://support.en.metin2.gameforge.com/.
In doing so, you will be helping all honest players!